Our purpose is helping to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others and helping the body of Christ to do evangelism and discipleship through a variety of creative ways.
We are committed to the centrality of the cross, the truth of the Word, the power of the Holy Spirit and the global scope of the Great Commission. Read our Statement of Faith.
Cru offers spiritual guidance, resources and programs tailored for people from all cultures in every walk of life through many diverse outreaches, including:
- 2,400 campus ministries engaging more than 82,000 involved students in the U.S. college campuses.
- Partnership with more than 2,000 churches and organizations to reach America’s poor with the resources they need to survive and overcome the challenges of poverty.
- Marriage and family outreaches to 12 million people annually through media, conferences and locally hosted events.
- Athletic outreaches in 85 nations and 200 college campus in the U.S. along with sports media that touches the lives of an estimated 100 million people annually.
- Ministry to military installations and communities in 50 states as well as deployed units (ships, flight lines and foxholes)
- The Jesus Film, shown in over 1,300 languages on every nation in the world. To date it is responsible for 6.5 billion exposures to the gospel and 230 million indicated decisions for Christ.
Cru was originally founded as Campus Crusade for Christ in 1951, when Bill and Vonette Bright began the ministry on the UCLA campus. God had given him a vision portraying the total fulfillment of the Great Commission throughout the world. We are only a part of God’s workforce to accomplish that, but we are passionate about our part and how we can help others achieve their parts. From the beginning we have sought to be a caring community as well as a community on mission.